Motocross Sports, now in charge of the AMA Toyota MX Championship presented by FMF Racing.
Today announced AMA motocross 2009 U.S. championship racing schedule.
AMA Toyota Motocross Championship began in early 70s, will commence on Memorial Day Weekend with the Glen Helen National event in San Bernardino CA on May 23. The championship schedule will run through all the summer, culminating with the Steel City National events near Pittsburgh on September 5, as part of the Labor Day holiday.
There are a lot of changes this year. One of them is the move to Saturday afternoon races. After introducing the format this past summer at the Thunder Valley and Steel City events, the overwhelmingly positive response prompted Motocross Sports to make the changes in the schedule to Saturday events. The race schedule will change to one-day competitions. 4 weekends of rest are also built into the schedule in order to give riders and teams the opportunity to maximize their performance. Also, in order to help offset travel expenses, MotoX Sports has reorganised the events for a more interesting and efficient travel schedule.
So here it is: AMA MOTOCROSS SCHEDULE 2009
- May 23 – Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino CA
- May 30 – Hangtown Motocross Classic, Sacramento CA
- June 6 – Freestone Raceway, Wortham TX
- June 20 – High Point Raceway, Mt. Morris PA
- June 27 – Thunder Valley Motocross, Lakewood CO
- July 4 – Red Bud, Buchanan MI
- July 18 – Spring Creek Motocross, Millville MN
- July 25 – Washougal MX Park, Washougal WA
- August 15 – Unadilla, New Berlin NY
- August 22 – Budds Creek, Budds Creek MD
- August 29 – Motocross 338, Southwick MA
- September 5 – Steel City Raceway, Delmont PA